Write a review
- 3/4 C. Protein Powder
- 1/4 C. Sugar
- 1/2 C. Confectioners Sugar
- 2 Egg Whites
- Pinch of Cream of Tartar
- 1/2 C. Unsalted Butter (For Filling)
- 1 3/4 C. Confectioners Sugar (For Filling)
- Sift/strain protein powder and confectioners sugar into same bowl. Set aside.
- In a new bowl, whisk two egg whites with a hand mixer until foamy.
- Toss in a pinch of tartar. 1/2 teaspoon or so.
- Whisk tartar and egg whites with hand mixer until it appears to be smooth shaving cream.
- Add in sugar, slowly. And I mean very slowly. Continue to use hand mixer. When it appears to be stiff, stop the hand mixer business.
- Grab the bowl of sifted protein powder and confectioners sugar.
- Sift it over the egg mixture.
- Fold together with a spatula. Be gentle here.
- Once better blended, you can be more aggressive about stirring. Do this until its like super soft smooth laffy taffy. Watermelon flavor was always that way. Anyone else? Anyway...
- Put the batter into a Ziploc bag or piping bag. Cut small hole in corner.
- Add a layer of parchment paper on a cookie sheet, squeeze out 1-inch circles of batter.
- Let sit for 15 minutes or until it feels like they have a "shell".
- Oven at 300.
- Bake 12-16 minutes. They are done when easily peel off paper.
- For the filling, blend the two with a hand mixer. Add food coloring if you're feeling jazzy.
- Put that in a ziploc baggy too. Cut small hole in corner.
- Place small circles on the bottom side of each cookie and push together.
The Pantry Raider http://thepantryraider.com/